Friday 23 February 2018

The day the BBC died.


I woke up with a start. It was Wednesday- the day the presidents votes would be counted. I powered up my phone and visited Briebart.com. Trump had won!

Some little part of me could not quite believe it. Briebart was a partisan news source after all- maybe they were declaring votes a little early when the likely results seemed clear? You must remember that in the UK we have been bombarded with even more anti trump propaganda than elsewhere. The BBC absolutely hates him. I therefore went to the BBC for conformation and discovered that the votes were still being counted and nobody had yet won.

Who to believe?

I spent the next hour hopping between the BBC and the real world. On the BBC we had three sour faced women discussing the impossibility of a Trump win while the reality of his win scrolled across the bottom of the screen. The remainder of the world- even including the dreadful CNN dealt with reality. This was the day the BBC died for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate the comments for spam but welcome contrary views.