Saturday 30 January 2016

The world by proxy.

Do we live if nobody sees us live?

We are not a brand! We are living human beings!
The defining characteristic of our age is the replacement of authentic experience with marketing. I see people photographing their meals in restaurants (I do this too but I have the excuse that I am reviewing the food). Is the experience of eating only enjoyable when other see it?

This is life by proxy and it is contagious.

How do you think this food photography affects the chef? Will he worry more about the flavor of the food or the appearance?

In the bad old days we had romance- and it was worthwhile for its own sake. If we can take a woman out of the proxy world and let her experience things directly we do her great service.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate the comments for spam but welcome contrary views.